IBLA have won planning and listed building consent to convert part of the former courthouse on North End Road into three new flats. The Courthouse itself was built by H. N. Hanks in 1907-8 in an English Baroque Style. The building ceased use as a Court in 2005 when this function was relocated to more modern premises. The scheme creates a pair of new duplex units in the space of one of the former courtrooms; new internal stairs give access to a lowered basement floor with access to private gardens for each of the flats. The kitchen living room of the third unit occupies the original entrance hall - a dramatic 15m long x 3m top-lit space with its decorative terrazzo floor. Construction is due to commence in early summer.