Park Place Villas
Dating from around 1840, this Grade II listed coach house was originally built as an annexe to an adjacent 19th C. stuccoed villa in the Maida Vale Conservation area of London.
IBLA carefully and sensitively renovated it, replacing a dilapidated conservatory with a new rear extension, and a discreet basement extension to the front, which enabled the habitable room area of the house to be increased to accommodate a family, without having any significant impact on the existing house or its sensitive surroundings. The rear extension was designed as a 'stack' of full-height painted timber sash windows, with a traditional pitched standing-seam lead roof topped by a central skylight.
Internally, finishes are clean and simple; a new natural oak stair and handrail wraps around a bookcase that extends into the basement, and the new kitchen is made up of a series of bespoke hand-painted furniture elements.